Thanksgiving is a time to gather with loved ones and enjoy a feast of delicious food. While many traditional Thanksgiving dishes come to mind, have you ever wondered if there are any dishes that start with the letter “U”? Well, you’re in luck because we’ve rounded up some unique and mouth-watering Thanksgiving dishes that start with the letter “U”! From savory to sweet, these dishes are sure to impress your guests and add some variety to your Thanksgiving spread. So, without further ado, let’s dive into some U-mazing Thanksgiving dishes!
List of thanksgiving food that starts with U
20 Thanksgiving Foods That Start With the Letter U
- Ube Pie: A traditional Filipino dessert made with purple yams and a sweet filling.
- Ukranian Cabbage Rolls: A savory dish consisting of stuffed cabbage leaves with meat and rice.
- Upside-Down Cake: A dessert made with fruit that is placed on the bottom of the pan and then topped with cake batter. When the cake is flipped over, the fruit is on top.
- Unsweetened Chocolate: Chocolate that has no added sugar and is often used in baking.
- Unagi: A Japanese dish made with grilled freshwater eel.
- Ugli Fruit: A citrus fruit that is a cross between a grapefruit, an orange, and a tangerine.
- Ukranian Borscht: A soup made with beets, cabbage, and other vegetables, often served with sour cream.
- Undercooked Turkey: A dangerous and unpleasant food to eat, make sure your turkey is cooked all the way through!
- Unleavened Bread: A type of bread that is made without yeast or other leavening agents.
- Ultimate Chocolate Cake: A rich and decadent chocolate cake that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
- Udon Noodles: A type of thick, wheat-based noodle commonly used in Japanese cuisine.
- Uncooked Cranberry Sauce: A tart and tangy sauce made with fresh cranberries that is a staple of Thanksgiving dinner.
- Unsweetened Applesauce: A healthier alternative to sweetened applesauce, often used as a side dish or ingredient in baking.
- Ukrainian Garlic Bread: A type of bread that is flavored with garlic and often served with soup or stew.
- Udon Soup: A Japanese soup made with udon noodles and a flavorful broth.
- Uncooked Stuffing: A mixture of bread, herbs, and spices that is often used to stuff the turkey and then cooked inside the bird.
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes: A type of dried coconut that is unsweetened and often used in baking or as a topping for yogurt and oatmeal.
- Ultimate Green Bean Casserole: A classic Thanksgiving side dish made with green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and crispy fried onions.
- Unsweetened Condensed Milk: A thick and creamy milk that has had most of the water removed, often used in baking.
- Umbrella Drink: A fruity cocktail that is often served with a small umbrella as a garnish.