As Thanksgiving approaches, thoughts turn to delicious food and spending time with loved ones. If you’re looking to add some new dishes to your holiday menu, why not consider some Thanksgiving food that starts with S? From savory to sweet, there are plenty of options to choose from that will satisfy your guests’ taste buds. So, whether you’re planning a small gathering or a large feast, be sure to check out these scrumptious S-starting dishes that are sure to be a hit. From savory stuffing to sweet potato pie, there’s a little something for everyone to enjoy. So, let’s dive into some of the top Thanksgiving dishes that begin with the letter S!
List of thanksgiving food that starts with S
20 Thanksgiving Foods That Start With S
- Sweet Potato Casserole: A sweet and savory dish made from mashed sweet potatoes, brown sugar, butter, and marshmallows on top.
- Stuffing: A mixture of breadcrumbs, herbs, and vegetables that is cooked inside the turkey or separately in a casserole dish.
- Scalloped Potatoes: Thinly sliced potatoes baked in a creamy sauce topped with cheese.
- Spiced Cider: A warm and flavorful drink made from apple cider and spices like cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spinach Dip: A creamy dip made from spinach, sour cream, and various seasonings, served with crackers or bread.
- Shrimp Cocktail: Cooked and chilled shrimp served with a tangy cocktail sauce.
- Smoked Turkey: Turkey that has been smoked over wood chips for added flavor.
- Sausage: A seasoned meat typically made from pork or beef, often served as a breakfast side dish.
- Squash Casserole: Baked squash mixed with cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Salad: A dish made from a variety of greens, vegetables, and often topped with dressing.
- Stuffed Mushrooms: Mushroom caps filled with a mixture of breadcrumbs, cheese, and herbs.
- Scallops: Tender and sweet shellfish often served seared or grilled.
- Strawberry Shortcake: A dessert made from layers of shortcake, whipped cream, and fresh strawberries.
- Sweet Corn: A vegetable often served boiled or grilled, topped with butter or other seasonings.
- Succotash: A dish made from lima beans, corn, and other vegetables.
- Shepherd’s Pie: A savory pie made from ground beef or lamb, vegetables, and topped with mashed potatoes.
- Steak: A cut of beef often served grilled or pan-seared.
- Sweet Rolls: Soft and fluffy rolls made with added sugar and often topped with icing.
- Strudel: A pastry made from thin layers of dough filled with fruit, cheese, or other fillings.
- Sweet Tea: A popular Southern drink made from sweetened iced tea.
In conclusion, it’s clear that there are plenty of delicious Thanksgiving foods that start with the letter “S.” From savory sides like stuffing and sweet potatoes to succulent main dishes like smoked turkey and spiral ham, there’s no shortage of options to choose from when planning your holiday feast.
Whether you’re a traditionalist who sticks to classic dishes or someone who likes to mix things up with new recipes, there’s something for everyone on this list. And with so many tasty ingredients and flavors to play with, there’s no limit to the creative ways you can incorporate “S” foods into your Thanksgiving menu.
So, if you’re looking to switch up your Thanksgiving spread this year, consider adding some “S” foods to the mix. Not only will they add variety and depth to your meal, but they’re sure to satisfy even the pickiest eaters at your table.
And, if you’re feeling ambitious, why not try incorporating some lesser-known “S” foods into your Thanksgiving feast? From sunchokes to sorrel, there are plenty of unique ingredients out there waiting to be discovered.
In the end, the most important thing is to enjoy your time with loved ones and savor the flavors of the season. Happy Thanksgiving!