Thanksgiving is almost here, and it’s time to start planning your menu! If you’re looking for some delicious dishes that start with the letter P, you’re in luck. From savory sides to sweet desserts, there are plenty of options to choose from. Whether you’re hosting a large gathering or just cooking for your immediate family, these P-themed dishes are sure to impress. So, without further ado, let’s dive into some of the best Thanksgiving food that starts with P.
List of thanksgiving food that starts with P
20 Thanksgiving Foods That Start with P
- Pumpkin Pie: A classic Thanksgiving dessert made with spiced pumpkin puree, eggs, and evaporated milk baked in a flaky crust.
- Potatoes: Mashed, roasted, or baked, potatoes are a staple side dish at any Thanksgiving meal.
- Peas: A simple and nutritious side dish, green peas can be served steamed, sautéed, or in a casserole.
- Prosciutto: A salty, cured ham that can be served as an appetizer or added to stuffing or other dishes.
- Parsnips: A root vegetable that can be roasted or mashed for a sweet and nutty side dish.
- Pecan Pie: Another popular Thanksgiving dessert made with a rich filling of pecans, sugar, and corn syrup in a buttery crust.
- Pork: Whether it’s a ham or a roast, pork is a delicious and hearty main dish option for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Pumpkin Soup: A creamy and warming soup made with pureed pumpkin and spices like nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Paella: A Spanish rice dish that can be made with a variety of meats and seafood, perfect for a Thanksgiving feast with a twist.
- Pepperoni: A spicy Italian sausage that can be added to pizzas or appetizer platters.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake: A decadent dessert that combines the flavors of pumpkin pie and creamy cheesecake.
- Popovers: Light and airy bread rolls that are perfect for soaking up gravy and other Thanksgiving sauces.
- Pork Belly: A fatty cut of pork that can be slow-roasted for a crispy and flavorful main dish.
- Potato Gratin: Thinly sliced potatoes baked in a creamy and cheesy sauce for a delicious and indulgent side dish.
- Phyllo Dough: A paper-thin pastry dough that can be used to make savory or sweet dishes, like spanakopita or baklava.
- Parsley: A fresh and bright herb that can be used as a garnish or added to stuffing, soups, and other dishes.
- Pomegranate: A tart and juicy fruit that can be used to add flavor and texture to salads, side dishes, and desserts.
- Pickles: A tangy and crunchy accompaniment to turkey and other Thanksgiving dishes.
- Prime Rib: A luxurious and flavorful cut of beef that can be the star of any Thanksgiving feast.
- Prunes: Sweet and chewy dried plums that can be served as a side dish or used in desserts like cakes and pies.
In conclusion, it’s clear that there are plenty of delicious Thanksgiving foods that start with the letter P. From the classic pumpkin pie to the underrated pear tart, these dishes are sure to impress your guests and add some variety to your holiday table.
Whether you’re looking for a sweet or savory option, there’s a P-themed dish out there that will fit the bill. So why not take a chance on something new this year and try one of these tasty recipes? Your taste buds (and your guests) will thank you.
But don’t forget, Thanksgiving is about more than just food. It’s a time to come together with loved ones and express gratitude for all the blessings in our lives. So as you gather around the table this year, take a moment to appreciate the people and experiences that make this holiday so special.
And if you’re looking for more Thanksgiving recipe ideas, be sure to check out our other blog posts. We’ve got plenty of inspiration to help you create a truly unforgettable holiday feast. Happy cooking!